Grain & Forage
Below you will find all related information for this event
SECTION 23: GRAIN & FORAGE
$2.00 per class
$18.00, $14.00, and $8.00
Section 23: Prize money sponsored by Wes Ruddock
GENERAL RULES OF THE FAIR APPLY. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
ENTRIES CLOSE AT 12H00 NOON ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 2, 2019.
- Any class with more than 10 entries, 2 more prizes will be given.
- Hay samples must be bales (2) flakes, in clear plastic bag.
- All grain samples in classes 7 to 10 must be in a clear plastic bag.
- Corn silage and haylage must be in a clear plastic bag.
- All forage crops to be grown by exhibitor.
- Only two (2) exhibits per farm per class.
- All exhibits to be in place by 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 9. Exhibits may not be removed until 4:00 pm Sunday, August 12.
- All exhibitors in Section 23 who register and enter the minimum amount of entries of $10.00, before Friday, August 3 , will receive an exhibitor’s pass. This pass does not include access to the rides. This pass is good for the duration of the Fair and is not transferable.
Any Exhibitor who wants to go on rides, must either pay the additional daily gate entrance or buy a 4 day pass.
- After judging, seed dealers may advertise any samples, if agreed to by the exhibitor.
Class 1 – Sunflower, stem and roots attached
Class 2 – First cut grass – at least 75% grass
Class 3 – First cut alfalfa – at least 75% alfalfa
Class 4 – First cut other legumes – at least 75% other legumes
SECOND OR THIRD CUT HAY:
Class 5 – Alfalfa – at least 75% alfalfa
Class 6 – Other legumes – at least 75% other legumes
Class 7 – Oats
Class 8 – Barley
Class 9 – Wheat
Class 10 – Shelled corn
Class 11 – Soy Bean Stalks (5) product
Class 12 – Grain corn stalks (3)
Class 13 – Corn Silage
Class 14 - Haylage
Class 15 - High moisture corn or any other
Need more information?
Jenny Carrigan 450-264-2504
Linda Craig 450-264-6659